MARCH 2020 ACTIVITY REPORT
STATEMENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Federal Maritime Commission issued an order authorizing Commissioner Rebecca Dye to identify operational solutions to cargo delivery system challenges related to Coronavirus-19.
During the current COVID-19 challenge, the FMC remains committed to fulfilling its statutory and constructive role for the U.S. economy in facilitating freight mobility in the international ocean supply chain.
French America Line, a domestic passenger vessel operator, is prohibited from offering, advertising, or conducting cruises following revocation of its Certificate of Financial Responsibility for Indemnification of Passengers for Nonperformance of Transportation.
To assist in slowing the transmission of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases, and to limit the exposure risk to its employees, the Federal Maritime Commission is taking steps that temporarily change its operations.
The Commission held a non-public, non-deliberative meeting under the authority of 46 U.S.C. Sec. 303 to discuss Office of Management & Budget guidance on agency operation in response to COVID-19.
The Commission published its Annual Report, as required by 46 U.S.C. 306(a), providing an accounting of key initiatives, highlights, and accomplishments for the period between October 1, 2018 and September 30, 2019.
Statement by Chairman Khouri supporting the Commission’s vote to establish Fact Finding 29 and authorize Commissioner Dye to constitute Supply Chain Innovation Teams.
Commissioner Maffei offers his reflections on, and pays tribute to, the late Congressman Hanna.
DECISIONS, ORDERS, & ENFORCEMENT
- Revocation of Passenger Vessel Operator Performance Certificate No. P-1397—Great Northern & Southern Navigation Co., LLC DBA French America Line (Docket No. 19-08)
- Notice Not to Review—Ngobros and Company Nigeria Limited v. Oceeane Cargo Link, LLC and Kingston Ansah, Individually (Docket No. 14-15)
- Initial Decision Granting Voluntary Dismissal of Proceeding (February 4, 2020)
- Notice Not to Review—Marine Transport Logistics, Inc. v. CMA-CGM (America), LLC (Docket No. 18-07)
- Initial Decision Approving Confidential Settlement Agreement (February 18, 2020)
- Revocation of Ocean Transportation Intermediary License—Dip Shipping Company, LLC (Docket No. 20-04)
COMPETITION & AGREEMENTS
- West Coast North America/Pacific Islands Vessel Sharing Agreement (No. 011666-007)
- THE Alliance Agreement (No. 012439-005)
- Digital Container Shipping Association Agreement (No. 201288-003)
- Crowley/Seaboard Trinidad Space Charter Agreement (No. 201335)
- Crowley/King Ocean Space Charter Agreement (No. 201336)
- Glovis/CSAV East Coast United States to South America West Coast Space Charter Agreement (No. 201337)
- Caribbean and Central American Emergency Cooperative Working Agreement (No. 201338)
OTI Licensing Activity
Revocations & Surrenders 27
Please see the OTI License Status Changes webpage for additional information.