National Shipper Advisory Committee (NSAC)
The National Shipper Advisory Committee is a federal advisory committee. The Committee will provide information, insight, and expertise pertaining to conditions in the ocean freight delivery system to the Commission. Specifically, the Committee will advise the Commission on policies relating to the competitiveness, reliability, integrity, and fairness of the international ocean freight delivery system. Membership will be comprised of 12 representatives of entities who export cargo and 12 representatives of entities who import cargo.
The Committee will operate under the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, 5 U.S.C. App., and 46 U.S.C. chapter 425.
Members of the public may submit written comments to NSAC at any time. Comments should be addressed to NSAC, c/o Dylan Richmond, Federal Maritime Commission, 800 North Capitol St NW, Washington, DC 20573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charter, Recommendations, and Responses
2023 Meeting Recommendations
NSAC Recommendations from May 2023 Meeting – June 5, 2023
- FMC Response to Recommendations on Data & Visibility – August 4, 2023
- FMC Response to Recommendations on Detention and Demurrage – August 4, 2023
2022 Meeting Recommendations
NSAC Recommendations from December 2022 Meeting – December 12, 2022
- FMC Response to Recommendations on Data – February 9, 2023
- FMC Response to Government Inspections Recommendation – February 9, 2023
NSAC Recommendations from August 2022 Meeting – August 31, 2022
- FMC Response to Earliest Return Date (ERD) Recommendation – October 28, 2022
- FMC Response to Ocean Carrier Advisory Committee Recommendation – October 28, 2022
NSAC Recommendations from April 2022 Meeting – May 6, 2022
- FMC Response to Dwell Fees Recommendation – June 30, 2022
- FMC Response to Intermodal Oversight via Through Bills of Lading – June 30, 2022
National Shipper Advisory Committee Charter – June 7, 2021
Ken O’Brien, Vice Chair
Gemini Shippers Group
MEMA/Auto Care Association
Wine and Spirits Shippers Association
Brenntag North America, Inc.
Mohawk Global Logistics
Tractor Supply Company
Mike Symonanis, Chair
The Scoular Company
Mallory Alexander International Logistics, LLC
American Commodity Company
BOSSCO Trading LLC
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
A Customs Brokerage, Inc.
Blue Diamond Growers
Tyson Foods, Inc.