US Flag iconThis site is an official U.S. Government Website.

Consumer Affairs & Dispute Resolution Services

Do you have a problem with ocean shipping or a cruise? Consider resolving disputes in real-time using the Office of Consumer Affairs & Dispute Resolution Services’ (CADRS) alternative dispute resolution services. With no fees for services, CADRS offers: ombuds assistance, mediation, facilitation, and arbitration to resolve challenges and disputes involving:

Parties Requesting CADRS Services

  • Shippers
  • NVOCCs and ocean freight forwarders
  • VOCCs
  • Cruise Operators and passengers
  • Truckers
  • Marine terminal operators (including port authorities)

Request a Speaker

To request a CADRS staff member to speak at your next function please contact CADRS.

Mediation Tools

Contact Information

Phone: 202-523-5807

Fax: 202-275-0059