Consumer Alert – Commission Revokes FMC License Of Transporte Medrano, Inc. D/B/A Medrano Express
On July 25, 2013, the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) revoked Transporte Medrano, Inc. d/b/a Medrano Express’ (Medrano Express) ocean transportation intermediary license. Medrano Express is no longer authorized to provide ocean transportation services. Consumers and businesses should not tender cargo to Medrano Express or its agents for the international shipment of goods.
The Commission is receiving complaints that consumers are unable to reach Medrano Express or locate their goods. At this time, the FMC encourages anyone that has used Medrano Express to arrange for international shipment of their cargo and that is currently experiencing problems with a shipment, to take the following steps:
- If your cargo has not been delivered or recovered, you may place a claim for compensation with the surety company listed below.
Roanoke Trade Services, Inc. / For American Alternative Insurance Corporation Attention: Steve Knutson 1475 E. Woodfield Road, Suite 500 Schaumburg, IL 60173 USA
- Your claim should include:
- a copy of the invoice you received from Medrano Express or its agent
- the dollar amount you paid to Medrano Express for shipment of your goods
- the estimated value of the goods shipped
- reference the bond coverage number 571646
- send your claim by certified mail, return receipt requested
- Contact the Commission’s Office of Consumer Affairs and Dispute Resolution Services (CADRS). We are working to help consumers locate their cargo and where possible, assist with the release and/or delivery of cargo. Written requests for assistance should include a copy of the invoice you received from Medrano Express and your contact information. Please email or fax your information to: email@example.com or 202-275-0059