Moving Small Shipments in Boxes or Barrels Overseas
To avoid problems when shipping small packages overseas:
- Ensure that the company you choose is FMC licensed and bonded.
- Check with CADRS or the local Better Business Bureau to make sure that the company does not have a history of unresolved complaints.
- Label new clothing, commercial merchandise, and similar products to avoid customs seizure.
- Avoid using companies that advise you to misrepresent the value or nature of your goods.
Ensure that the company you choose company provides you with the following in writing: an itemized list of goods shipped (including the value of the goods); terms and conditions of service; and information on insurance (if any); and any additional costs or fees that might be incurred.
- Ask the company you choose to provide you an estimate of when your goods will be delivered.