APRIL 2020 ACTIVITY REPORT
STATEMENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Federal Maritime Commission designated Commissioner Sola to serve as the Fact Finding Officer for Fact Finding 30, “COVID-19 Impact on Cruise Industry” in an order issued today.
The Federal Maritime Commission has issued new guidance about how it will assess the reasonableness of detention and demurrage regulations and practices of ocean carriers and marine terminal operators under 46 U.S.C. 41102(c).
As a measure to relieve COVID-19 impacts to the supply chain, the Federal Maritime Commission voted to temporarily allow parties to file service contracts up to 30 days after they take effect.
The relief will last through December 31, 2020.
Supply Chain Innovation Teams convened by Commissioner Rebecca Dye as part of Fact Finding 29 (International Ocean Transportation Supply Chain Engagement) began work identifying actions that can provide immediate relief to the most pressing challenges the American freight delivery system faces from COVID-19 related disruptions.
DECISIONS, ORDERS, & ENFORCEMENT
Order Granting Exemption—Temporary Exemption from Certain Service Contract Requirements (Docket No. 20-06)
COMPETITION & AGREEMENTS
Agreements Filed or Amended
- Indamex Cross Space Charter, Sailing and Cooperative Working Agreement (Agreement No. 011830-013)
- COSCO Shipping/WHL Slot Charter Agreement (Agreement No. 201243-001)
- The OCEAN Alliance Agreement (Agreement No. 012426-004)
- Maersk/MSC Gulf-ECSA Vessel Sharing Agreement (Agreement No. 201256-001)
- MED/USEC Vessel Sharing Agreement (Agreement No.: 201271-001)
- Puerto Nuevo Terminals LLC Cooperative Working Agreement (Agreement No. 201292-002)
- NYSA-ILA Assessment Agreement (Agreement No. 201315-001)
- Maersk/MSC/SML Cooperative Working Agreement (Agreement No. 201332-001)
- CINS Agreement (Agreement No. 201339)
- Hyundai Glovis/Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha Ltd. Europe to United States Space Charter Agreement (Agreement No. 201340)
OTI Licensing Activity
Revocations & Surrenders 18
Please see the OTI License Status Changes webpage for additional information.