Office of the Managing Director
The Office of the Managing Director is responsible for:
- implementing the administrative directives of the Chairman,
- managing and coordinating the Commission’s Bureaus and Area Representatives, and
- planning and directing information technology and information management services.
Office of Budget and Finance
The Office of Budget and Finance is responsible for preparing the agency’s budget requests to the Office of Management and Budget and to the Congress, and managing subsequent budgets, and coordinating such efforts as the collecting of fees and payments. The Office also coordinates with the Bureau of Public Debt regarding contracted accounting and financial functions and the National Finance Center regarding contracted payroll and time card processing.
Office of Human Resources
The Office of Human Resources has agency-wide responsibility for all aspects of human resources management and administration. This includes such things as pay, benefits, training and career development, and extends to developing policies and procedures for HR programs.
The Office of Human Resources conducts all recruitment activities for the agency.
Benefits FMC Provides its Employees:
- Health Insurance (under the Federal Employees’ Health Benefits Program)
- Life Insurance (under the Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance Program)
- Thrift Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible and Compressed Work Schedules
- Telework Opportunities
- Transit Subsidies
- Training Opportunities including College Tuition Reimbursement
- Family Friendly Leave Policies
- The Office of Special Counsel protects employee rights and remedies under the Whistleblower Protection Act.
Office of Information Technology
The Office of Information Technology is responsible for a wide range of information technology (IT) support for the Commission. This includes operating the agency’s local area network and strategic planning for short- and long-term information technology initiatives, as well as IT security, data telecommunications, and database development and management.
Office of Management Services
The Office of Management Services directs and administers a variety of management service functions that provide administrative support to the program operations of the Commission. The Office procures, secures and/or furnishes all supplies, equipment and services required in support of the agency’s mission, and arranges for facilities management and security. The Director of the Office serves as the agency’s Chief Contracting Officer.